Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

All Glory to the Steam Sale

Gamespot.com
 And praise be to Valve!

Steam is a digital platform that allows you to buy and play games with friends or by yourself. It has a massive selection of games and I've fallen in love with it because of some friends who practically forced it upon me. But something that I love more than the games, are the sales that happen in the summer and winter. You have not truly lived until you have experienced a Steam sale. It's like walking around in a candy store of savings.






I'm normally a good saver, but Steam had struck me with the the intoxicating allure of its summer sale once again; except this time... I had money. That needed to be saved and used for something else. Typical. It smelt like strawberries mixed with wanting all of my precious money, and it came along flirtatious and staring at me from the other side of the screen, telling me that it's got what I need like some shady drug dealer wearing a trench coat in a garbage filled internet alley. Yes, conflicting images. THE POINT IS THAT IT TEMPTED ME LIKE AN ICE CREAM MAN ON A HOT SUMMER DAY WHILE THE SUN SEARED MY FLESH. And those are similes, kids. I teach you things! I tried to resist. I told it, no! I need that money for an external hard drive so I can play more games for my blog! But it pressed upon me, fierce and unrelenting like some strange sock puppet at a puppet show I really didn't want to be at but still found enchanting. Curse you, Elmo. Like most users of the Steam platform, I'm weak. ...so I bought stuff.



AND HERE'S WHAT I'VE PURCHASED:

Battleblock Theater


Frozenbyte collection: (Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, Trine, Trine 2)
                 Shadowgrounds

               Shadowgrounds Survivor

                     Trine

              Trine 2


Risk of Rain

Awesomenauts

Rogue Legacy

Magicka


Darksiders Franchise Pack (Darksiders, Darksiders 2 (and a craaap ton of its DLC)
               Darksiders
                Darksiders 2

Bastion

Sid Meier's Civilization 3: Complete
All above photos are taken from Steam galleries

How many of these can I actually play with my limited hard drive space? ...Stop trying to change the subject! I've bought 13 games for $34.16! It's not like I have a shopping problem or anything like that. Not at all. Just look at all those savings! It's definitely vastly improved from the 9 games I got last December for about 60 dollars.

Am I happy with my purchases? I'd have to say that I am. In all seriousness, there were some pretty epic deals. Most of the games I bought were under 4 dollars. Can you beat that? I think not. I've so far played Battleblock Theater, Risk of Rain, Rogue Legacy, and Magicka and they are all ridiculously fun. Three of them anyway. I can't wait to write about them but I'm going to put that off for a bit because I have posts about Chrono Trigger, Tales Vesperia and a Wizard101 post or two coming up soon, but we'll see.

Will that hard drive ever be bought? Will I ever gain the will power to resist savings so long as there is money in my account?! The world may never know. But of all the knowledge in the universe, one thing is fact. The Steam Summer Sale brings men and women to their knees. It is cruel reminder of how weak we human beings are when it comes to ridiculous savings...

In closing....

Found on FunnyJunk. (http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Steam+Summer+Sale_5ec511_4654841.gif)
http://gph.is/1fi4EBc

...To further add to my shame. I've bought even more things, even though it was after the Summer Sale and at the urging of my little brother, ...but it was on sale. Curse you, savings!

KHAAAAAAAAN!!!
I've never witnessed this moment, but I understand that it is important. It seemed appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment