Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Wizard101: The Quest for Fishing Screenies

So I recently uploaded a post about fishing.

But let me use this post to tell you how much a pain it was gathering all those precious little screen shots! I had been taking screenies all along but it was because I was trying to enter the fishing contest at Legends of the Spiral. WHICH MEANS all of the super cool fish I caught had the chat box open, which partially obscured the screen, and it was just not a pretty sight.


You see? DO YOU SEE?!
So I had to recatch most of the fish that I wanted to show off. Luckily, I got the two of them. However the third AND COOLEST!! remained uncaught because those precious little Dekoi who need to swim in a blender got all up in my face. But now that I look at it, the fish size is blocked so this was a fairly fail screenshot to begin with. (the contest was to catch the biggest fish. How are they supposed to judge it IF THEY CAN'T SEE THE SIZE?!).



But anyway, pulling everything together for the post was a lot of fun, if a bit annoying. It goes to show how time consuming it is and patient you have to be for fishing. I've run out of energy multiple times trying to catch something, whether for the blog or for a quest. Perfect example, I have a quest in Grizzleheim that wants me to catch a Todd Pole and a Bear Acuda. Weirdly got Todd Pole on my first try at a life fish.

There is a spell that lets you see the type of fish with a pillar of light.
But that wonderful bear acuda has escaped my grasp! Every fire fish shadow either gives me a Firecuda or it gets away. You know what makes it worse? I've caught a bear acuda before.
Twice.
In a row.
It was an accident.
I WASN'T EVEN TRYING.
Y U DO THIS FISHING?!
I think I've gone through three energy pools trying to get the bear acuda, and have managed to get around 5  pages of Firecuda when I had to sell because my fish basket got too full. Might be more or less. Meh. IT'S A LOT. Ahhh, Wizard101 loves to dish its fun out with a side of pain, but that sense of pain is what makes you feel more accomplished when you finally get that THING, whatever it is. Or you hate everything. More likely to hate everything. But as a leisure activity done without any particular goal and just seeing what happens, it can be tons of fun. I guess that's the Floppy Bird effect?

I have had a lot of fun though. I think one of my favorite moments on my quest for fishing screenies was when I went through Cyclops Lane and accidentally got caught in a battle. For those unfamiliar, it's a lower leveled area... and I'm level 80. That's probably 70 levels over what's intended. A minor annoyance. Do I flee? Nope, because then I have to regain my mana (which depletes when you run and is necessary for spells). So I stabbed him. With my trident. But right as I am about to finish the battle some other lower level player pops out of no where and brings in a SECOND mob. I'm just like oh HELEPHANT no. Now, I had just used my wand spells to defeat the first guy because these enemies only have like 150 health and the wands spells have enough damage to take them out in two shots at my level, but I had the pips for something big and I wasn't about to wait for more tiny spells. So then this happened.


I hope that little other player was impressed by my awesome and thinks of me three minutes every day. I will be disappointed with any less. For now, I'm trouncing through Avalon to beat up some baddies, already ran into an ice enemy, and have been playing with my housing, which you can expect to be updated on in a following post. Just remember, when life gives you lemons, you scream "ninja" and squeeze them into people's eyes.

ta~ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment